Please keep the following precautions in mind when dealing with Gumbo:
- When buying or selling, you should meet in-person to thoroughly inspect the product and then exchange the money. Meet in a public place with plenty lighting and people around.
- Let your family or friends know where and when you agreed to meet the user.
- Do not purchase or rent sight-unseen. If the seller is giving you a run-around with excuses, run away with your money.
- Gumbo does not offer any sort of protection programs or secure payment systems for Gumbo items. Any emails or web sites that talk about such systems are scams, even if they may have the Gumbo logo. If you receive any emails promoting these services, please forward the message to us.
- NEVER walk around with excessive amounts of cash for a purchase. We recommend this for items above $1,000.
- Be wary of emails asking you to confirm your account or a password or email address change that was not requested. These are very often phishing emails by scammers trying to gain access to your account. Any emails we send requiring you to log in will bring you directly to our site.
- NEVER give out personal or banking information (e.g. NIS number, bank account number, etc) over the Internet.
- Inform one of our representatives of any attempted fraud or suspicious emails, ads, or other activity by community members. In the case of fraud, file a police report and contact us.
- Use common sense. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. If you find an inflexible user who only wants to meet in unsafe areas, find another.
Please stay safe!
Hopefully these tips will help you stay safe when using Gumbo. If you come across any unsafe behaviour, please let the community know. Leave a review of that seller, help others so they won’t be harmed until the seller is removed by us. Our team works tirelessly to remove any harmful users but your reviews help and are very important to our community.